Followers

Pin it (Just link back to my blog)

Pin It!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

(2012 c43) Matt 11:28 With Sympathy

With love & prayers of comfort I made this card for a sweet friend for the loss of her dear husband.

With this card I am stretching myself to try shabby chic.  I used Sizzix Rays embossing folder.  I inked one side of the folder with Versamark & ran through my Cuttlebug.  Then I heat embossed with gold EP. The rays make me think of resurection, and the second coming of Christ, and our hope in Him.  I used crinkled seam binding for my bow & added pearls to the sentiment which was cut out & framed with Labels 18 die by Spellbinders.   The sentiment is Come Unto Me Matt. 11:18 by Verve Stamps.
Challenges Entered:
SimonSays:  Bingo (I used Die Cut, free, Glitter-gold looks like glitter)
VoStamps:  Ch #40 - Use Bling
TotallyPaperCrafts:  Ch #120 - Frame It
ThePlayDateCafe:  Ch #144 - Pink, Orange & Yellow
CaseStudy:  Think outside the box - do something different & Blog Hop
TheCraftsMeow:  August - Sketch 
ColorfulCreations:  Technique for August - Dry Emboss

13 comments:

  1. Pretty card - love the shimmer! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely effect with the embossing, very artsy look! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Anniversary celebrations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rays look wonderful... what a great touch! Beautiful card Lagene! Thank you so much for joining us at The Craft's Meow Card Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable creation. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Perfect shabby-chic. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss... I'm sure this lovely card will comfort her. :) Thank you for playing along in the bingo challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's beautiful...love the gold embossing! Thanks for joining us at The Craft's Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous sweetie and I am sure it brought comfort to your dear friend. Thank you so much for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this time and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, great embossing. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, I love that embossing, especially the way you've done the shine! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the embossing adds such a wonderful glimmer to your card...it's lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is an amazing card. You did a beautiful job! Love the combo of dry and heat embossing. Thanks for playing in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shine the embossing gave to the card. Great verse!

    ReplyDelete