Followers

Pin it (Just link back to my blog)

Pin It!

Monday, May 9, 2011

(2011 Card #66) Blue Jay

Stamp from Greetings of the Season 2010 from Mark's Finest Papers.  OK, I know that is supposed to be a Cardinal, but I wanted a Stellar Blue Jay!  I stamped & heat embossed with black EP.   I "painted" with LuminArte powdered pigments & Perfect Pearl Powdered Pigments mixed with Gum Arabic.  Little dragon flies are from  Studio G Clear stamps.  I stitched around the perimeter with white thread.  
Challenges:
StampTV:  STVFRITM1 - Sketch
MarksFinestPapers:  Ch #54 - No Embellishments 
SimonSaysStampsChallengePaper Piecing or Piercing


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love that sweet image! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lagene, you do such beautiful coloring! I love how bright a blue you got from your pigments, and the soft shading inside the nestie! Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lagene--WOW!!!!! You did a fantastic job on making the cardinal into a beautiful blue jay!!! I love bird images! This is a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.....I just love this blue creation....very clever.....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome coloring, this just pops!!!
    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous art with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lagene- Wonderful coloring of the bird, and great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete